BBC iPlayer is a streaming service that allows you to watch live and on-demand TV shows, movies, and documentaries from the BBC. To use BBC iPlayer, you need to create an account and activate it on your device. This can be done using an activation code.
To activate BBC iPlayer with a code:
- Go to the BBC iPlayer website or open the BBC iPlayer app on your device.
- Sign in to your BBC iPlayer account, or create an account if you don’t already have one.
- If you’re signing in for the first time, you’ll be asked to activate your account.
- Enter the activation code in the box provided.
- Click or tapActivate.
Where to find your activation code
Your activation code will be displayed on your TV screen when you first open the BBC iPlayer app. It will also be included in the email you receive when you create your BBC iPlayer account.
If you’ve lost your activation code
If you’ve lost your activation code, you can request a new one from the BBC iPlayer website. To do this:
- Go to the BBC iPlayer website and click onSign in.
- Click onForgot your password?
- Enter your email address and click onContinue.
- You’ll receive an email from the BBC iPlayer team with a link to reset your password.
- Click on the link in the email and follow the instructions to reset your password.
- Once you’ve reset your password, you’ll be able to sign in to your BBC iPlayer account and request a new activation code.
If you’re having problems activating your BBC iPlayer account, there are a few things you can try:
- Make sure that you’re entering the activation code correctly.
- Check that you have a valid TV Licence.
- Try restarting your device.
- Try signing out of your BBC iPlayer account and signing in again.
If you’re still having problems, you can contact the BBC iPlayer customer support team for help.
- You can activate BBC iPlayer on up to six devices.
- Your activation code will expire after 30 days. If you don’t activate your account within 30 days, you’ll need to request a new activation code.
- You can use your BBC iPlayer account to watch BBC iPlayer on a variety of devices, including TVs, computers, smartphones, and tablets.
How to watch BBC iPlayer
Once you’ve activated your BBC iPlayer account, you can start watching BBC iPlayer content. To do this:
- Open the BBC iPlayer app or go to the BBC iPlayer website.
- Sign in to your BBC iPlayer account.
- Browse the BBC iPlayer library to find the content you want to watch.
- Click or tap on the content you want to watch to start playing it.
You can also use the BBC iPlayer app to:
- Download content to watch offline.
- Create a playlist of your favorite content.
- Set parental controls.
BBC iPlayer features
BBC iPlayer offers a variety of features, including:
- Live TV: Watch live BBC TV channels, including BBC One, BBC Two, BBC Three, BBC Four, and BBC News.
- On-demand TV: Watch TV shows, movies, and documentaries from the BBC library.
- Downloads: Download content to watch offline.
- Playlists: Create a playlist of your favorite content.
- Parental controls: Set parental controls to restrict access to certain content.
BBC iPlayer devices
You can watch BBC iPlayer on a variety of devices, including:
- TVs: Smart TVs, TVs with built-in BBC iPlayer apps, and TVs connected to a streaming device.
- Computers: Windows and Mac computers.
- Smartphones and tablets: iOS and Android smartphones and tablets.
- Other devices: Consoles, streaming devices, and set-top boxes.
BBC iPlayer pricing
BBC iPlayer is free to use, but you need to have a valid TV Licence. A TV Licence costs £159.50 per year and covers all devices in your home.
What if I don’t have a mobile/tablet/computer?
If you don’t have a mobile/tablet/computer, you can use a friend’s or family member’s device to enter the activation code. Alternatively, you can use a public computer at a library or internet cafe.
Why do I need to enter an activation code?
The activation code is a security measure to help protect your BBC iPlayer account. It helps to ensure that only authorized people can sign in to your account.
What do I do if I can’t enter the activation code?
If you are having trouble entering the activation code, please try the following:
- Make sure that you are entering the code correctly.
- Check that your internet connection is working.
- Restart your TV and your mobile/tablet/computer.
- Try using a different device to enter the code.
If you are still having trouble, please contact BBC iPlayer customer support.
BBC iPlayer is a great way to watch TV shows, movies, and documentaries from the BBC. It’s easy to activate your BBC iPlayer account and start watching. With BBC iPlayer, you can watch live TV, on-demand TV, and downloaded content on a variety of devices.